- The job involves participating in developing and implementing the Bank’s infrastructure projects strategy; providing leadership and advisory support in the planning and packaging of housing, student & staff accommodation, energy, irrigation & tourism infrastructure projects; and supervising project implementation for successful delivery.
- The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Contributes to the development of the Bank’s infrastructure sector strategy to guide its interventions
- Leads in the identification of infrastructure projects to be packaged, financed and implemented by the Bank
- Oversees due diligence on identified projects to ensure quality at entry
- Supervises the planning, development, structuring, and appraisal of projects in line with the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Manages the Bank’s key stakeholders, both at institutional and project levels
- Identifies and manages strategic partners for infrastructure development
- Coordinates the preparation of project concept papers or proposals
- Supervises the implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting for all projects
- Advocates for supportive policies for infrastructure development
- Identifies and coordinates capacity building programmes for identified projects
- Advises on prioritisation of pipeline projects
- Guides and supervises multi-disciplinary teams to ensure effective delivery on the Bank’s Infrastructure Work Programmes
- Prepares and presents reports to the Bank’s EXCO, Board Committees, Board of Directors, Implementing Agents, Clients and other Stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post graduate qualification in Management, Development Finance, Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Project Finance, Construction Management, Economics or other relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years post-qualification experience in project development and financing. Direct experience in the infrastructure development space will be an added advantage.
- Mature, confident and good networker with experience in building and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience in strategy formulation, and mapping activities and resource needs for successful strategy implementation.
- Experience working in a Development Finance Institution will be an added advantage
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
Interested applicants should submit their applications by email, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, not later than 16:00 hours Sunday, 31 January 2021.
For the above position, a highly competitive package is on offer, details of which would be disclosed to the shortlisted candidates.
To be considered, interested candidates are requested to forward their applications to:
Corporate Services and Human Resources Department
99 Rotten Row Harare Zimbabwe
Tel +263 242 750171/8 Fax 0242 749012
or email firstname.lastname@example.org