The IDBZ was formed on the 31st of August 2005, taking over the assets and liabilities of the former Zimbabwe Development Bank (“ZDB”). It was primarily set up as a vehicle for the promotion of economic development and growth, and improvement of the living standards of Zimbabweans through the development of infrastructure, which includes but not limited to energy, transport, water and sanitation, information communication technology (ICT) and housing. The Bank is also enjoined to develop institutional capacity in undertakings and enterprises involved in infrastructure development in Zimbabwe (IDBZ Act (Chapter 24:14). The Bank, therefore, operates primarily as an infrastructure development finance institution (DFI).
“A Zimbabwe with a robust, inclusive and sustainable growth and development”
“To champion sustainable infrastructure development through: mobilization of resources; capacity building; and knowledge generation and sharing in support of national efforts for inclusive socio-economic development”.
IDBZ intends to be the preferred development partner in sustainable infrastructure development. To this end, it will be guided by the following values:
- Integrity - The Bank undertakes its work in a transparent and honest manner that seeks to deliver value to customers.
- Professionalism - Our work will be characterized by high quality, expert knowledge and proficiency.
- Innovation - We challenge ourselves continuously to improve what we do, how we do it and how well we work together.
- Service Orientation - Our clients come first in all that we do, and we undertake our work with passion and time-consciousness.
- Sustainability – We support initiatives that are technically feasible, financially and economically viable and socially equitable.
- Knowledge generation and sharing – We provide outstanding leadership and service through knowledge generation, sharing and advocacy.